A powerful secret weapon for attracting more bookings is to carve out your unique niche and weave that into your marketing strategy & website content. One example is for vacation rentals that are pet friendly. Check out a previous article featuring this niche market.
Other examples include:
- Farm stays
- Glamping (glamorous camping)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Adventure vacations (with a menu of exciting optional activities)
- Cannabis vacations (in states where it’s legal)
- Large families with children
- Urban foodie getaways
- Ski vacations
- Golf vacations
- Weddings & other events
- Luxury retreats
By choosing a niche you are able to more closely understand your potential guests/audience needs and carefully craft useful information for visitors and fine tune your amenities and marketing messages.
How to define your niche
A good way to start is by asking yourself the following questions:
- As a part time or full time resident of your vacation locale, what things to do/see/experience really excite you?
- What are you passionate about?
- How is your property and the experience you curate for guests special? What sets is apart from the rest??
- At times when you have been a guest at other properties were there certain features and amenities that you personally had trouble finding?
- Are you aware of any specific niches that are in demand but not readily available?
Choose a few possibilities and then get busy doing some searches in your locale and similar locales to see:
- If your choices are in demand and perhaps under-served
- How well properties in those niches are booking.
We can help!
Of course, niche markets for vacation rental business is something RedSpiralHand frequently helps clients explore. We’d be happy to help you, too. Generally this is covered, if requested, as part of a customized marketing strategy where we can do the research and get to know your business, offer guidance and make strong recommendations.